Have you ever feel like you’re living a double life? Like there is a side of you that you have to hide because it may not be the norm or popular way. I felt like that for a long time.
Since I was a child I have enjoyed metaphysics, conspiracy theories, aliens, and supernatural. However, I learned early on that this wasn’t accepted among society and our culture. I would bury that part of me and explore it in secret. I kept quiet to most my friends about this “secret” woo-woo side of me.
Fast forward to my early 30’s. I started asking myself, “why am I here?”, “what is my true purpose?”, “who am I?”. I was determined to find out the answer to these questions. I was committed to do whatever I needed to find the answers.
A couple years later, in 2012 I received an email about an intuitive workshop offered by Diana Rankin. I signed up for the workshop, thinking it was about just listening to my “gut” and intuition better. I mean, we all could work on that, right?
The first day of the workshop, I hear Diana say, ” on Sunday, you will be giving each other psychic readings.” WHAT??? I couldn’t believe what I had got myself into. I thought about not coming back and other ways to “get out of it”. Sure enough Sunday, I was able to give another woman psychic reading. Little did I know just what an impact that weekend would have on my life. That experience, propelled me in a direction I would have never envisioned.
I continued learning and studying, intuition, essential oils, law of attraction, energy healing, and our spiritual anatomy. I felt like I was on a mission to heal my past trauma in efforts to serve my higher purpose. I explored past life regression, emotional freedom technique, and energy healing sessions. As I continued to dive face first into all this, I continued to keep it a secret to most.
I was living a double life.
I started this blog as an outlet. An outlet to share how I live my life most aligned with my true spirit. An outlet for the side of me, I always feared to share. It’s been hard for me to open up here, too, though. Like a water dripping from the faucet, I steadily opening up more and more about what is really important to me. I am able to be more authentic.
What I am noticing is the more I open up here, the easier it is to be myself around others in everyday life. I am also getting connected more with like minded people. I am meeting people who want to raise their vibration and live according to their life’s purpose. Also, the more I share my “secret side” with others, I noticed many also have this “secret side” as well.
5 Tips to live a more authentic life
- Journal Daily. Journaling will help your be more in touch with who you are. If you don’t know your authentic self, then how can you present your authentic self to others?
- Start a blog. An easy place to start being you, is on a blog. It doesn’t even matter if you have readers. By getting your voice and energy out there, you are living authentically. Don’t know how to start? I recommend www.tumblr.com if you want something easy and low maintenance. www.wordpress.com is a great place to start, but will take a bit more work.
- Begin a Yoga routine. By keeping up with your yoga routine, you are able to keep your energy (chakras) flowing. Chakras can get blocked and cause various symptoms depending on which one. By doing yoga, you are taking a proactive approach at keeping your body clear from stagnant energy.
- Eat a Clean diet. By eating clean, you are living at your body’s highest vibration. Sugar, breads, alcohol are all low vibrational foods and can cloud your thinking.
- Pick one person to open up too about something you’ve kept hidden. When you realize that they aren’t going judge you, it will be easy to open up to others.
Leading a “double life” can be exhausting. Trying to hide your true self from the ones you think may judge you is tiring. In addition, if we all live more authentically and aligned with our spirit’s purpose- it will raise the vibration of the planet!
I hope to inspire you to bring out what you maybe be hiding! You will be astounded by how you feel when you live a more open and authentic life.
Until Next Time…Be The Change.
Have you ever felt like you were living a double life? Please share your experiences below!